Tuesday, October 28, 2008

mon petit choux


I planted a lot of cabbage this year in the containers around our deck because it tastes good and it looks pretty.  But as it gets colder and colder I am wondering how I am going to use it all before it snows!  (it is supposed to snow a few hours west of here tonight, so it's getting urgent!).


Tonight I made a dish from Suzanne Goin's Sunday Suppers at Lucques (page 138.  I LOVE this cookbook! you can find some of Suzanne Goin's recipes on epicurious.com).  Salmon on a bed of green cabbage and corn that's been sauteed in butter with lots and lots of thyme.  It's so good!  Tomorrow I think I will make some cabbage and white bean soup and freeze it for lunches and nights we don't feel like cooking.  
But I planted a lot of cabbage, and I'm thinking I might need to make some kimchi (or gimchi or kimchee, depending on where you look) to use it all up.  

No comments: