Monday, November 17, 2008

cheap ass bastard

does anyone know how expensive window treatments are?  and why the heck do they sell curtains individually?  I mean, really, who is gonna buy only one?  
I hate the shades that came with our house.  they are ugly and janky and dark and did I mention I hate them?  But I have no sewing skills to sew something, and think that pretty much everything I have found is a rip off, so we're screwed. 
Our neighbors will see us naked.  
well, I have one idea.   

A year ago I made a whole slew of laser cut vellum drawings that I never took any photos of.  But recently I was looking at the work of valerie boy:









And while I think they might hate me for saying so, I am thinking I can fashion something out of some rag paper using an exacto knife or maybe U of M's laser cutter.  
wish me luck.  

No comments: