Saturday, November 15, 2008

must see tv


now that the election is over and I no longer feel the need to torture myself watching hours of cable news programs, I realized that there really aren't that many tv shows that I like.  In fact, aside from the fake news programs, there is pretty much only one: Gossip Girl.  
They are all just so bitchy and pretty and the fashion is absurdly fabulous.  (On what other show would a teenager wear a sequined tuxedo and have it go without comment from any other character on the show?)  Plus I am obsessed with the wallpaper in Blair Waldorf's dining room, and totally intrigued by the fact that it is only on half the room.  
I felt like an absolute dork watching a show about teenagers until I noticed that NY Magazine hilariously recaps each episode and declared it the "best show ever" last April.  It's comforting to know that I am not alone in my age inappropriate obsession.  
xoxo,
abigail 
(monday update:  I now feel even better, the nytimes has an article this morning about gossip girl.)

No comments: