Wednesday, December 3, 2008

vintage charm


I have been buying vintage glass ornaments at flea markets for the last few years, and my mom has been scooping them up for me whenever she finds them too.  (I tend to buy a lot of pink ones!)
Here are some of my favorites.  


my mom got me this one last year after Christmas and I love it.  I am putting it at the top of the tree this year.  


I know it's a pine cone, but I think the one on the left looks a bit like a hand grenade, but I like it anyway.  The bells on the left actually have little metal clangers that work, although considering that the bells are glass, I am not sure it's such a good idea to ring them.


the fish looks like it's been cooked (a little too long).
  

We've got lots of others, some new, some old, but the best ones are the homemade.  I'll have to make a few more this year.  

1 comment:

chiara said...

nice pics! I want to see the final result. this year I only put up about 10 percent of my ornaments. Jackson is a little too curious.

ps we have some of the same vintage pink ones!