Wednesday, January 7, 2009

mad as a hatter


the day before yesterday I decided, spur of the moment, to refinish all the woodwork in the house.  (Steven and I are in the middle of a 3 year long "discussion" about whether or not to paint it - I want to, he doesn't - that started before we even moved in.)  It was probably neglected for a few decades before we moved in and is dried out and in need of some tlc.


Plus, it has lovely paint splotches on it from many sloppy paint jobs over they years that drive me crazy. 
So, I started in the dining room, scraping  and sanding.  My arms are killing me, but it already looks better and I will be so happy when it's done that I might even change my mind about painting it.  If it doesn't drive me insane before I finish, that is.  

4 comments:

Steven said...

I am warming up to painting... In a couple rooms...;)

abigail said...

now you tell me!

chiara said...

paint it!

oh, wait, you didn't want my two cents worth?

abigail said...

I think I am going to finish the dining room and then we will have a final "discussion" before I go any further.
my arm is killing me!