Thursday, January 22, 2009

the morning after


We dragged ourselves out of bed Wednesday, sore feet and all, went to the National Gallery. (where I got an animal postcard (or three) for Jackson)




We also walked by the White House and the National Mall to see what it looked like the next day.

(green part=where there was a tent on Tuesday, brown part=where there was not. I think they are going to have to reseed the Mall.)

We made dinner reservations on a great website opentable.com that Amanda told us about, but when it came time to go I just couldn't walk another step.


So, we ordered room service, which, after the bicycle taxi after the Inaugural Ball, is the best thing that ever happened to me. (not counting Steven, of course.)


Now we are back home with Gus and Ollie! (our kennel is really, really great. If you are in or near Ann Arbor, I highly recommend it. Their website here.  
does it make me a bad dog owner that no matter how great their kennel is, I am glad they still missed us?)

We had a lovely time, but I can't help but think of all the museums we didn't see.  We'll have to go back.  

1 comment:

chiara said...

yay! postcards for jackson!