Monday, February 2, 2009

how does your garden grow



Even though Phil saw his shadow, it is the time of year to plan the vegetable garden and I am getting ready to buy seeds.  Thanks to some helpful tips from the people at Downtown Home and Garden, I did really well starting all my herbs and veggies from seed last year, so I am going to do it again this year.  I am going to plant some things in our garden and somethings in the community garden plot I'm renting.  
Here's what I am thinking of planting:
Broccoli, cauliflower, arugula, lima beans, green beans, basil, cabbage, carrots, celery, leeks, cucumbers, eggplant, kohlrabi, all kinds of lettuces, chives, cilantro, soy beans, bell peppers, hot peppers, butternut squash, acorn squash, and as many different kinds of heirloom tomatoes as I can get my hands on.  
image from Life.

No comments: