Friday, May 29, 2009

jump the gun


Remember I said I checked the weather forecast to make sure that it would remain safely above 50º at night for my little baby plants?  Yeah, well, guess what, they changed the forecast.  Last night before I went to bed I checked my email and noticed that instead of Friday's low being 52º like it said just hours before, it was now 41º.  WAY too cold for my babies. 
It's almost June!!!!  stupid Michigan.  Is it ok if I feel like I've been cursed?
Luckily, the sun doesn't go down until 9pm these days, and we have a giant plastic tarp and some one by ones lying around the studio, so after work we're going to build cold frames like this one to protect the little guys.  
The way things are going as soon as we get it done the forecast will change again and we won't need it.   
Sorry to complain, it is nice sleeping weather.  I am just not sure I am cut out for farming.  It's very stressful to be so dependent on something you have no control over or influence on like the weather!  
image here.
evening update: the forecast has changed, now it's 49º, so we've got the stuff for the cold frame ready but we're not going to put it up unless we have to.  I hate weather people, they are giving me grey hair.  

No comments: