Monday, June 8, 2009

take the cake

Last night we celebrated our friend Amanda's birthday, and I baked her a cake!
I decided to try and turn those S'mores cupcakes that I made a few weeks ago into a regular cake. I made a graham cracker crust on the bottom of the bottom layer of the cake.

put chocolate frosting in between the layers,

and baked more graham cracker crumbs on the top.

I put chocolate frosting on the sides of and piped meringue frosting on top,



and hit it with the kitchen torch for that toasted marshmallow effect.

It was delicious, but we still have a hunk left if anyone wants it.

Happy, happy birthday Amanda! (sorry I missed the actual candle blowing out. you're too speedy.)

3 comments:

OmnisLucis said...

you're so talented, i'm totally inspired to go bake a cake like right now. it looks great too and so chocolatey!

chiara said...

I WANT THE LEFTOVERS. PLEASE MAIL THEM TO ME. THANK YOU.

Bri said...

Wow, that is a serious cake. I like it! I like anything that's had a torch taken to it, frankly.