Monday, September 7, 2009

back to school


tomorrow is the first day here in Michigan for pretty much all universities and schools. I am not teaching or attending but Steven is (he's a professor of architecture), so I can't fight it anymore, summer is coming to an end.
It's harder for me this year than most-probably because it was the first year I've gardened and I loved it so much, and because we never really had all that summery weather.
Oh well. There's much to look forward to this fall, a trips to New York, the Netherlands, Connecticut, pumpkins, Steven's birthday, down comforters, fires in the fireplace, Halloween and new boots.
image from Life

2 comments:

Sahildeki Ev said...

You have many things to look forward. After complaining so much, I think its time to welcome the autumn and enjoy the things it brings. Today there is rain in İstanbul, and I am enjoying the very first of the season with a cup of tea..

Anonymous said...

What a great photograph! That pretty much sums it up ha ha :)

I know that you mean about the summer. The transition into fall here is beautiful though, so it makes it easier to acclimate. Sounds like you have a lot of wonderful things to looks forward to!