Monday, November 16, 2009

home state


Inspired by Senator Al Franken's ability to draw the entire US, which I have long thought was just about the coolest thing ever,
National Geographic asked all 100 United States Senators to draw the state they represent, from memory, on a cocktail napkin.
Not all of them have responded yet, but check out the ones that have here. (Dick Durbin's Illinois is my favorite, not just because I grew up in Chicago, or because I really like Dick Durbin, but because he put Superman's hometown of Metropolis on his map.)

3 comments:

Grace said...

Go Al Franken - that is cool!

Courtney said...

I love that they asked all the Senators to participate-- so fun! I am going to have to check out the rest. And I was born in a Chicago suburb, a lot of my relatives still live in the area, and my dad was born/grew up in central IL, so I've got a fondness for the city and state :) The inclusion of Metropolis on the map is great.

Erin said...

This is awesome. I love National Geographic!