Monday, February 15, 2010

from the heart

For Valentine's Day dinner I made Artichoke Ravioli with Tomatoes, recipe originally from Gourmet. (sigh.)

I didn't leave enough time to make pasta from scratch, so I used wonton wrappers for the pasta.

They are super easy to use, just use a little water to help stick the dough together, and they make the dish lighter. But they made the ravioli stick together after baking, so I had to serve it more like lasagna than ravioli.

Steven called ravagna, and it was delicious.

(and yes, I decided to make it because the recipe calls for artichoke hearts. ;) )

13 comments:

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life said...

The ravagna looks deliciouis!

Amanda Wright said...

looks delicious!

Helen said...

Wow, wow! This looks so yummy. Your boyfriend is so lucky!

pen.ny said...

I so need to learn how to do something like this. Sadly my skills in the kitchen are limited. So cute, so so cute. Lucky Steven!

tanvi @ now craving said...

you are the cutest! this sounds like it'd taste as good as it looks :)

A Taste of T said...

Most adorable idea ever! I had a boyfriend buy me a heart shaped pizza for vday dinner once...but this TOTALLY trumps it! Delicious!

Dancing Branflake said...

This is so sweet! I found your blog because of Bonjour J (we were tagged in the same award from her). I miss Gourmet magazine also. So sad.

mindy said...

this looks divine! and i love the little hearts on the top.

AbbieBabble said...

That looks amazing. I love the hearts on top!

the southern hostess said...

This looks delicious!

Jaeve + Things said...

Those are so cute and I bet super tasty!

passport in my pocket said...

oh YUM!

And I think I spy an Anthro bowl..... :)

pita bread said...

Oh it looks lovely and so delicious! I want to make it for the next Valentines Day!