Monday, June 7, 2010

may the force be with you

Years ago, I dated someone who was obsessed with Star Wars. The first of the new movies (the one with the little kid) came out during our brief courtship and we went to see it together. He spent the rest of that evening and our next 2 dates trying to convince me, and himself, that it wasn’t as awful as it was. (Those were our only 2 other dates.)

Ever since then I’ve thought grown men who are so obsessed with Star Wars they even like the "new" ones are, well, annoying. But not any more!

Flickr user Stéfan posted a photo of his storm trooper action figures every day for a year and the photos are funny, dramatic, and completely delightful.

Check them all out here. (I had a hard time picking my favorites, they are so many good ones!)

11 comments:

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

That is awesome. Star Wars dates? Oh dear.

Tiffany Kadani said...

Oh no. My husband will love these. He loves Star Wars. I never saw any Star Wars movies until I met him and he sat me down and made me watch the originals. All in one sitting.

Strangely, I still liked him.

Christina said...

Haha that's awesome. (: Glad to hear things turned around for you. (;

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Funny story ~ my in-laws hosted a wedding reception for us (we eloped), and the hotel we were staying in was also hosting a Star Wars convention. Believe me, I've never seen such a crazy group of people in my life! The obsessions were over the top!

Meghan said...

I totally just passed this along to my friend - her boyfriend has storage tubs of Star Wars toys and it drives her crazy!

Paige said...

this is hilarious! my little brother and i would watch the old (ahem, good) star wars every saturday morning for awhile, so i kinda have a soft spot :)

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

so fun & creative~ we need more people like this in the world!

Anonymous said...

Ha! I was just telling my boyfriend that I once dated a super obsessed Star Wars fan and thusly decided to never again. My boyfriend hasn't even seen them, thankfully. However, he did come with his Buffy the Vampire Slayer love, which I now share...

Steven said...

Definitely one of my favorits!

Ana Degenaar said...

I love that!

corporate training said...

The Trooper vs Cat one is hilarious. As for Star Wars, I liked it only on That '70s Show.