Monday, June 17, 2013

Baby genius



This evening I was weeding in the front yard and Steven and Ezra came out to hang out in the grass while I worked. One of our neighbors walked by with is dog and said, "Yup, that about sums it up! Men just lounge around, Mom does all the work!" 

We all laughed and then I thought, "Wait a minute, that's not so funny..." 

I kept on weeding, they kept on playing and Ezra started to get tired. He's been saying mama over and over when he's tired, hungry, cranky or hurt for a little while, but it's never seemed to be anything other than the way he likes to whine. Until today. 

Today he repeated it until I walked over. He put his hands up and when I picked him up he stopped saying mama, put his head on my shoulder and smiled.

He called me!! Ok, maybe not really, he's only 10 1/2 months old, but sure if felt like he called me and it made my day. Year. Decade. Life.

2 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

So precious. He knows you!

chiara said...

awwww! I love that kid.