Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Double Dutch

Everywhere I look on blogs and in magazines people are talking about Dutch bicycles.
I fell in love with them a few years ago when I had a residency at the European Ceramic Work Center in the Netherlands.

I desperately wanted one like this and I still have fantasies about all the stuff I could cart around in one.  Groceries for a week? Gus? Ollie? Gus and Ollie? (Toto was a Cairn Terrier so I have delusions about being able to cart Gus and Ollie around, Wizard of Oz style.)




Some hypothetical future kid?  This is the Dutch royal family.  (why aren't they wearing helmets? and is Princess Maxima (best name ever) wearing high heels?)

Two birthdays ago Steven got me this beauty.


and last year I returned the favor with this one.



They've got 10 year rust proof warranties and back racks that can hold up to 150 pounds.  
Best of all, we have fantastic posture when we ride them.  

(photos taken outside the studio.  it's much nicer inside!)

1 comment:

jen jafarzadeh said...

Wow, I love the idea of the top bicycle with the wagon.