Sunday, May 2, 2010

spilt


More than any photo of the horrible oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico that I've seen so far, this one breaks my heart. (I am actively trying to avoid seeing the photos of dead sea turtles, I just can't take it.)

Just past the boom line set out to try and protect them, there they are, a couple of brown pelicans and some seagulls. They're just hanging out on the pristine beach, next to clear blue water, totally unaware of the unmitigated disaster that is washing toward shore.

More heartbreaking photos here.

4 comments:

Dori the Giant said...

Wow, I haven't even heard about this!
The oil spill is now the size of Puerto Rico.

Oh the damage we do to the earth...

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

OH wow, I hadn't seen these. So awful.

Kala said...

I LOVE pelicans. This photo makes me so angry and sad.

custom made prom dresses said...

Breaks my heart knowing that people do so much harm to animals and to the planet. Will we ever learn from our mistakes?