Tuesday, August 10, 2010

fall in


I planted all my second crops (peas, carrots, beets, arugula, lettuce, romaine, kohlrabi, cabbage, broccoli, bok choy), warm and woolly clothes are starting to arrive in shops, and some of my facebook friends are posting about school starting soon and it's all making me depressed about the coming of Fall.

Yup, it's 87ยบ and sunny, roses are blooming and there are about 20 pounds of freshly picked tomatoes on the counter and I'm getting all mopey about cold weather, short days and store bought vegetables.   

I have problems.

BTW, if I were a kid I would demand my parents move to Michigan where school doesn't start until after Labor Day as god intended.

totally random and unrelated photo of the 1941 Vermont State Fair, here.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did we seriously both post photos from the Library of Congress today? :)
And while I'm in the same boat - planning my cool weather crops and buying my first sweaters of the year - I'm looking forward to it all. Because I am an Autumn girl, my love for kale and chunky wools knowing no bounds!

Ana Degenaar said...

ahah I love your post and the photo!

Tiffany Kadani said...

Haha! My students started school this week. So sick!

Brandi said...

I'm trying to pretend like school will never start. Luckily for me, my classes don't start until September 23rd. And you planted more? You're amazing, Abigail.

meemsnyc said...

I'm getting a bit depressed about fall and winter too. I also just planted our fall crops. Snow peas here I come.

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

I know...when did school start before Labor Day. It aint right.

Kala said...

I feel the same way you do. I saw fall clothes in the stores today and thought it was way too early!

k said...

this was funny and random =)

Anonymous said...

love the photos!

XOXO,

http://outfitidentifier.com/