Wednesday, December 21, 2011

two front teeth



When I was in second grade Patrick Murphy sat in the desk behind mine in Mrs Robinson’s class.  He had red hair, freckles, and a number of brothers and sisters. He spent a lot of time trying to convince me that we were meant to be because my initials were AM and his were PM and together we’d make a whole day.

I was not convinced, but h
e was not deterred. 


Until one day, in an effort to show his affection, he pushed me off the jungle gym at school and I chipped my two front teeth. Poor guy refused to go inside the rest of the day because he was looking for the pieces, and never really spoke to me again.

I thought of that yesterday when I went to the dentist. I love that story, hate the dentist.

(I think this blog post is officially the most random one ever.)

image here

No comments: