Friday, June 12, 2009

pie in the sky


so, what do you do when your very, very pregnant, dear friend Chiara says she wants some of your left over cake but she lives 500 miles away and you can't figure out how to mail it to her?

You make her some whoopie pies. (whoopie pies are kind of like a cupcake sandwiches and they are delicious. I used this recipe, but I used mint extract instead of vanilla for the filling because she's been craving mint chocolate ice cream and I thought she'd like a mint chocolate whoopie pie.)


But now I'm in the same boat I was before because I can't figure out how to ship them.
I know it's the thought that counts, but if you could know that your friend was thinking about you or know your friend was thinking about you while you ate a whoopie pie, which would you rather?
I'm going to try and figure out how to make them arrive looking pretty, but I'm also going to comfort myself with the knowledge that they'll still taste good even if they get a little squashed.
Hope you like them Chiara! We can't wait to see you, Jon, Jackson and the new little guy in a few weeks!

7 comments:

Abbie Lee said...

I used to love those as a kid. I probably still do!

Mary-Laure said...

Mouthwatering. I would drive 500 miles for chocolate any time.

chiara said...

ARE YOU SERIOUS!! You just made my week! In case you are looking for me, anyone, you can find me sitting mext to my mailbox until these arrive. YIPPEE!

OmnisLucis said...

awww
your thoughtfulness touches my heart.

Unknown said...

Mmmm - I'm sure she'll appreciate the thought even if you can't figure out how to ship them!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I want one NOWWWWWWWWWW! Yum.

Courtney said...

What a good friend! And those look absolutely delicious!! Hope you figure out the shipping.